Heroin addiction treatment can be through a residential or an outpatient program. Addiction wreaks havoc on individuals, families, and important relationships. When looking for heroin addiction treatment in Texas, be sure to consider The Arbor. Our 67-acre ranch, just 25 miles north of Austin, Texas, offers a variety of treatment and therapy options, including gender-specific programming and experiential therapies like equine therapy. Being in an environment where you have the time and space to reconnect with yourself, your emotions, and your surroundings can be highly beneficial in the recovery process.
Georgetown, located in beautiful Williamson County, is known for its historic downtown district, fun local shopping, and great restaurants1. It’s also home to The Arbor Behavioral Healthcare. If you are looking for help with a heroin addiction, contact the professionals at The Arbor for more information on heroin addiction treatment in Georgetown, Texas.
What Is Heroin Addiction?
There is no one clear path to addiction. It takes many forms. There can be a family history of addiction, societal pressures, trauma, or a casual or prescribed drug use gone array. Whatever the case, once heroin takes hold, addiction can be fast-acting. Once one starts using the drug, the dependence on it grows, and it becomes harder and harder to stop using the drug.
Drug users are secretive and try to hide their addiction, so the signs of addiction might not be obvious. By learning what to look for, you can help yourself—or a loved one—get the help they need to stop the cycle of addiction.
In the United States, drug overdose deaths—including heroin-related—hit an all-time high last year. Texas was one of the states that saw the highest increase.
Signs and Symptoms of Heroin Addiction
There are both behavioral and physical signs to indicate an addiction. Look for these uncharacteristic signs and symptoms that someone you care about may be struggling with addiction. Don’t dismiss something that seems off. Instead, seek help on their behalf.
- They have damaged important relationships in their life
- Nutrition, hygiene, care-taking, and other responsibilities are being neglected
- They fall behind at school or work
- Their finances take an unexpected turn for the worse simply because they stop caring about their job, bills, or debt
- They make unethical choices, including lying and cheating
- Interest in hobbies or projects they used to enjoy has been abandoned
- Regular nausea and vomiting
- Intestinal issues
- Dilated pupils
- Dry mouth
- Flushed skin
- Memory issues
- Major changes in sleep patterns
- Labored breathing
- Track marks from injection sites
Finding Help For Heroin Addiction in Texas
Getting help is a very important first step to being on the road to a successful recovery from heroin addiction. Programming through an accredited drug treatment facility assists in a number of ways, including:
- A safe and supportive environment in which to recover
- Programming administered by trained professionals with years of experience
- A customized treatment plan that includes a combination of evidence-based and experiential treatment
- Dual diagnosis for co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders
- The support of peers going through similar experiences
- Family involvement through therapy to repair relationships
- Building a toolbox of techniques to handle situations that challenge your sobriety
Find Help with Heroin Addiction Treatment at The Arbor
The Arbor offers heroin addiction treatment in Georgetown, Texas. The rehabilitative process includes evidence-based and experiential therapies that give clients the tools and support that they need to reenter society and successfully stay sober. Recovery lasts for a lifetime. In fact, you can use for a lifetime those things you learn in treatment. Aftercare is an important component of supporting one’s recovery outside the walls of a treatment facility. Whether it’s regular drug testing, participating in an alumni program, or voluntarily being monitored for relapse, there are different types of aftercare support available.
If you or a loved one need help overcoming heroin addiction, then call on The Arbor today at 844.413.2690 to get your questions answered and take the first step to recovery.