Asking for help can be extremely difficult. Arbor Behavioral Healthcare knows this. We also know that there can be barriers to getting help. As with anything else, there are barriers to seeking recovery. Sometimes, the larger the barrier is, the greater the reward on the other side. This is true for recovery. There are large barriers to treatment that you may not feel like you can overcome. However, these barriers are can be overcome. There are innumerable and inarticulate benefits to getting help. They are worth fighting for. Below are the barriers and benefits of getting help, and why they matter.
Barriers to Getting Help
- Stigma: Mental health and addiction stigmas are everywhere. It can be difficult to decide to reach out for help because you might feel like others will look at you and treat you differently. You must know, however, that what they think or say does not matter. The only thing that matters is your recovery. Please reach out for help. Stigma does not rule you.
- Embarrassment: There is no reason to feel embarrassed with us. We want to help you put aside your pride. We want to help you be proud of being strong enough to reach out for help. Try putting aside the feelings of embarrassment or shame that you’re having and know that you can do this. Help is attainable.
- Imposter syndrome: You might feel like you aren’t “bad enough” to receive help. This is a lie your brain has made up. If you are struggling, you deserve help. If you are thinking about asking for help, you should be able to get help. You have a right to help just as much as anyone else. Reach out to us now.
- Cost of treatment: Treatment can be expensive, we know this. Arbor Behavioral Healthcare wants to make our services as accessible to as many people as possible. We don’t want this to be a barrier for you.
- Lack of services: Lack of services is not an issue with Arbor Behavioral Healthcare. We offer a plethora of services that can benefit you. We have a program for everyone.
Benefits of Getting Help
- Sobriety: Being sober is the best feeling in the world. You will have the sense of control that you have always wanted. We want to help get you sober. You won’t regret it.
- Recovery: Our main goal is to get you into the stage of recovery. We want you to know that although being in recovery takes hard work, we are here for you. You can reach recovery. Relief: Once you ask for help, it’s like a huge weight has been lifted off of your shoulders. We can help you do that. Asking for help might be one of the hardest parts, but it’s so worth it.
- Joy: You deserve to be filled with joy. Joy and happiness are not unattainable. This is a great part of recovery that is often overlooked.
- Help others: You have the power to serve as an inspiration and help others around you who may be silently struggling. You may not even realize it, but you’re helping more than yourself.
Arbor Behavioral Healthcare is here to help you during the tough times of your recovery. We want to reduce your barriers to treatment and increase the benefits. Call us now at (844) 413-2690. We can’t wait to speak with you!