You can make small changes to your daily life that will have a big impact on your overall recovery. These changes include changes to your eating habits, sleeping patterns, exercise and movement, relaxation techniques, how you think, growth, and creation. This may be a long list to look at all at once, but each item has a designated question that helps you set an intention for the day. An intention is what you would like to do for the day, how you would go about it, and maybe a goal or challenge for the day. We will also list some ways you can make small changes. Continue reading to learn more about the intentions you can set for these categories given by Wellness Journal.
- Eat more foods high in protein, iron, and Vitamin B6
- Eat more fruits and veggies
- Avoid low-fat yogurts, diet drinks, posh coffees, and artisan popcorns
- Drink lots of water
- What long-term and short-term improvements can you make to your sleep routine?
- Use visualizations, label your thoughts and change the story you tell yourself about sleep for a deeper sleep
- Stretch before bed, do yoga, or massage your hands and wrists to relax before bed
- Use a sleep diary to track your sleep
- How will you get active?
- Take an exercise class
- Stretch and do yoga
- Go for a walk, swim, or bike ride
- Think of ways you can become more resilient and patient.
- Spend time alone
- Spend time with good company
- Take a retreat if necessary
- Slow it down and practice patience
- How will you deal with any negative thoughts?
- Free up headspace by tackling negative thoughts
- Clear your head by writing down negative thoughts
- Reframe the situation
- Can you set yourself an achievable challenge — or maybe a couple?
- Set goals and challenges for yourself
- Don’t limit yourself
- Don’t procrastinate
- How can you express yourself freely and honestly?
- Express yourself through writing
- Express yourself through what you wear
- Express yourself through how you act
Arbor Behavioral Healthcare is here to help you eat well, sleep deeply, move freely, relax effectively, think positive, grow exponentially, and create honestly. Contact us today at 844-413-2690. We can’t wait to hear from you today!