Anyone considering getting themselves or a loved one admitted into a heroin addiction rehab center in Austin, TX is likely looking to overcome the substance use disorder (SUD), improve their quality of life, and increase their expected lifespan. Any heroin-related problem is automatically part of the U.S.’s opioid use epidemic, which has caused significant harm to Austin and the greater Travis County.
Did you know that more than 100 Travis County residents died yearly from drug overdose from 2006 to 2016? More than 40% of these deaths are opioid-related, while almost 20% were heroin-related.1
Many facilities that offer heroin addiction treatment programs in Austin must help lower that rate. Dealing with heroin addiction and searching for a heroin rehab program in Austin, TX? Reach out to The Arbor Behavioral Health today by calling 844.413.2690 or contacting our team online.
What Is a Heroin Addiction Treatment Program?
Heroin addiction treatment centers in Austin, TX offer the same programs that many health care centers across the U.S. make available to their clients.
An effective heroin addiction treatment program uses different therapeutic interventions that help clients deal with employment struggles, financial worries, and relationship problems while overcoming their heroin addiction. While every client has different needs based on their unique medical records and SUD history, most effective heroin addiction treatment programs integrate medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and behavioral psychotherapy.
Medical support, particularly during heroin detox, can help keep clients safe. The heroin withdrawal process can include symptoms like anxiety, insomnia, nausea, pain, and restlessness. Behavioral therapy sessions involve therapists assisting clients in learning about the triggers for heroin use and developing healthy coping mechanisms to deal with them. People can also use these sessions to create an effective lifelong recovery plan.
What Should You Look for in a Heroin Rehab Center?
It’s worth noting that a heroin addiction treatment center in Austin, TX is just as good as a similar facility anywhere in the U.S. In fact, some people struggling with heroin addiction may prefer to undergo addiction treatment far away from a toxic and trigger-filled environment near their homes.
However, whether or not you’re looking for an inpatient rehab program, there are some things you need to consider carefully when choosing the facility where you’ll admit yourself or someone you love:
- Accreditation, certifications, and licensing – Accreditation is given by independent organizations based on demonstrated results, the value of treatment, and industry standards. State licensing doesn’t prove the same overall quality as accreditation because U.S. states have different licensing requirements.
- Staff credentials and licenses – Those responsible for drug rehab programming and services should have certifications and licenses to guarantee that their work meets nationally recognized standards for professional practice.
- Multidisciplinary staff – Teams like this provide the highest-quality care because they can address many aspects of the SUD involved while creating a customized plan for a client.
- Medical detox and MAT – While not necessarily part of all customized addiction treatment programs, medical detox and MAT can make it easier to get through the initial stage of heroin addiction recovery. Some facilities aren’t equipped to provide these services, which could be a problem if you need them to receive the ideal addiction treatment for your case.
If you’re interested in specific provisions, activities, or forms of therapeutic care, you should ensure that they’re offered by the facility you choose.
When Should You Consider a Heroin Addiction Treatment Center in Austin, TX?
If you have identified a heroin addiction as a problem in your life and have decided to get professional help as you overcome your SUD, you’re already further along the path to successful recovery. Did you know that long-term heroin addiction results in many negative health consequences? These include the following:
- Circulatory system problems, such as collapsed veins
- Heart damage and disease
- Impaired decision-making abilities
- Increased anxiety, depression, and moodiness
- Liver or kidney disease
- Lung problems, such as an increased risk of developing pneumonia
- Memory loss
Additionally, your way of consuming heroin may also lead to health problems. Injecting heroin into your bloodstream heightens your risk of getting infected by bloodborne pathogens and introduces additives like starch or other powders into your system. The latter can clog your body’s vessels and impair your body functions.
Ready to Learn More About The Arbor’s Heroin Addiction Treatment Program?
If you’re looking for a heroin rehab program in Austin, TX, contact The Arbor Behavioral Health today. Reach out to our team online or call 844.413.2690.