What is rehab? It’s one of the best ways for people struggling with addiction to get sober and live a healthier life. If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, the thought of entering a rehab program can be intimidating. But there is hope—rehab can bring significant improvement in an individual’s life and provide an opportunity to reconnect with family and friends.
If you are looking for rehab, The Arbor has residential and intensive outpatient programs to help. Our center in Georgetown, TX provides a safe place and supportive environment where you can get sober. Learn more about The Arbor Experience by calling 844.413.2690.
What Is Rehab?
Rehab is a comprehensive treatment program that helps individuals with substance dependence make lasting changes for recovery. Professional therapists and counselors use evidence-based practices like group therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), individual counseling, and more to ensure the best chance of success in recovery.
What Are the Benefits of Rehab?
The goal of rehab is to help individuals achieve long-term sobriety by developing healthier habits while also addressing underlying psychological issues related to addiction. Through rehab programs, individuals can:
- Develop healthier habits
- Gain emotional support from peers
- Access to mental health care
- Develop coping skills for stress and triggers
- Learn how to live life without relying on substances
- Improved self-awareness that leads to positive lifestyle change
- Reduced risk of relapse when returning home post-treatment
How Long Does It Take?
The duration of rehab varies depending on a person’s individual needs and circumstances; however, most programs range from 30 days up to six months or even longer for those with more severe dependencies or coexisting mental health disorders like depression or anxiety that require additional attention. Generally speaking, it’s recommended that those in recovery stay enrolled in care for at least three months after completing formal rehabilitation activities. Doing this will reduce their risk of relapse significantly when returning home post-treatment.
Rehabilitation is an important step towards finding wellness for those suffering from addiction—but only if the person is truly committed and open-minded about making necessary changes in order to reach their goals for recovery. Don’t let fear keep you from exploring available treatments. Remember that no matter what stage of addiction someone is at, help is always available.
Rehab at The Arbor
Now that you know the answer to “what is rehab?,” it’s time to get help. We are a residential and intensive outpatient addiction treatment center that provides individuals with a safe and supportive environment to begin their journey toward recovery.
At The Arbor, clients are provided with the tools and resources necessary for long-term sobriety and success in life. Our team provides customized treatment plans, high-quality services, and a comprehensive approach to recovery that meets the individual needs of each client. Our goal is to help clients develop healthier habits, build self-awareness, and learn how to cope with triggers and stress.
Our clients enjoy therapies that work to heal their relationships with themselves and others. these therapies include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This type of therapy focuses on identifying, understanding, and changing negative thoughts and behaviors
- Family therapy – A type of treatment that focuses on restoring and strengthening the family bonds
- Group therapy – Provides individuals with the opportunity to learn from each other and support each other in their recovery journey
- Art therapy – A form of therapy that uses creative processes to explore emotions and behaviors
- Dual diagnosis treatment – Helps individuals with co-occurring mental health disorders and addiction
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) – A type of psychotherapy that uses eye movements to reduce the intensity of traumatic memories
- Equine therapy – a unique approach to treatment that uses horses as a therapeutic tool
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, we are here to help. Contact us by calling 844.413.2690 today for more information about our rehab services.