Figuring out what is working well for you in your recovery isn’t a difficult thing to do. Unfortunately, it’s a little harder to identify what isn’t helping your recovery. Self-awareness is vital when it comes to your mental health. Making changes can be difficult, but adaptation is necessary. The changes you make don’t have to be huge or life-changing. Sometimes the smallest changes can impact the most critical things in your life in a big way. Making adjustments every day is something we strive for at Arbor Behavioral Healthcare. These daily adjustments help your recovery become healthier and happier. There are seven areas that you can make changes to, according to the Wellness Journal. Setting intentions in these areas is the key to living out a successful recovery. Your goals should drive the changes you make. Here are some ways in which you can set intentions for your recovery. Eat
- How can you make healthy changes to your meals?
- How can you make healthy changes to your snacks?
- How can you increase your water intake?
- How can you adjust your sleeping patterns in the short-term?
- How can you adjust your sleeping patterns in the long-term?
- What are some ways that you can get active?
- How can you become more patient?
- How can you become more resilient?
- How will you increase positive self-talk?
- How will you deal with negative self-talk?
- Can you set achievable challenges for yourself?
- How can you practice expressing yourself freely?
- How can you practice expressing yourself honestly?
After you have set intentions for yourself, you must work on creating a timeline for these intentions to happen. Planning your recovery is an important step. Keep in mind that it takes time for change to happen. You might not see results in the first few days — that’s okay. Stick with it. Today
- What can you do today that will further your intentions?
- What can you do today that will further your goals?
- What can you do this week that will further your intentions?
- What can you do this week that will further your goals?
- What can you do this month that will further your intentions?
- What can you do this month that will further your goals?
- What can you do this year that will further your intentions?
- What can you do this year that will further your goals?
Arbor Behavioral Healthcare is here for you. We can help you set the intentions and goals you want to achieve for yourself. We can help you do so promptly. Call us today at 844-413-2690. We can’t wait to speak with you!