- This event has passed.
Heroes in Recovery 6K Run
December 2, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+0
The Austin Heroes race is a unique 6K run/walk presented by Awakenings Recovery and Foundations Recovery Network. Foundations Recovery Network’s mission is to be the leader in evidence-based, integrated treatment for co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders through clinical services, education and research.
Heroes in Recovery has a simple mission: to eliminate the social stigma that keeps individuals with addiction and mental health issues from seeking help, to share stories of recovery for the purpose of encouragement and inspiration, and to create an engaged sober community that empowers people to get involved, give back, and live healthy, active lives. It takes a heroic effort to live clean and sober each day, and a Heroes 6K* celebrates that effort. The sixth kilometer separates a Heroes race from a typical 5K to symbolize the extra effort it takes to sustain recovery. The six kilometers also represent the six letters in the word HEROES.
Each registered participant will receive:
- A finisher’s medal upon crossing the finish line!
- Race tech tank (women’s/men’s specific)
- Souvenir bib
- Re-usable 6K bag
- Post race nutrition
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30th, AT 5:00 P.M.
Download printable/mail-in registration form (Postmark by November 15, 2017)
- Early Registration: $25.00 (through August 28, 2017)
- Registration: $30.00 (August 29 – October 23, 2017)
- Late Registration: $35 (October 24 – December 1, 2017)
- Race Day Registration: $40 (December 2, 2017)
- Wag & Run – Get a Bandana for K9 Participant: $5 (Now – December 2, 2017)
- Virtual Runner: $25 (Now – December 1, 2017)
- If you can’t join us at Walter E. Long Metropolitan Park for the Heroes in Recovery 6K, run/walk six kilometers virtually! Send us a selfie of your participation in the 6K experience wherever you are and we will send you your finishers medal and commemorative race tech shirt! Don’t forget to include which 6K location your virtually supporting! Unless you specify otherwise, we will feature your photo on our social media page.
*We are unable to provide refunds or transfers to another participant, but can change your registration to a virtual runner (no difference in cost will be refunded for change).
Those who have pre-registered will receive a FREE parking pass at packet pick up for race day. Otherwise, parking at the park is $10
or more information on The Arbor's Programs