The Arbor Behavioral Healthcare is a privately held and owner operated company based in Austin, Texas. The Arbor Continuum of Care was created out of the owners’ passion for EFFECTIVE substance use treatment. More than twenty years of research led The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) to issue the “Thirteen Principles of Effective Drug Addiction Treatment.” These principles are the guiding factors upon which we built our Continuum.
The founders of Arbor Behavioral Healthcare took the NIDA principles to heart and incorporated them into the design of Arbor’s programs.
- No single treatment is appropriate for all individuals. This is why Arbor Behavioral Healthcare offers residential treatment, day treatment, intensive outpatient, supportive outpatient, sober living, aftercare, alumni, family programs and mentoring. Every person seeking our help undergoes an extensive assessment after which a custom treatment plan is designed. There is no “one-size-fits-all” at The Arbor.
- Treatment needs to be readily available. Help for you or your loved one is just a phone call away – 844-413-2690
- Effective treatment attends to the multiple needs of the individual. Our multidisciplinary team is comprised of physicians, therapists, chemical dependency counselors, recovery managers, and mentors who work together to provide the individual with the best opportunity for life change. Our end goal is for clients under our care to achieve a balance with Mind, Body, Spirit, and Community.
- Treatment needs to be flexible and provide for ongoing assessments of patient needs. Weekly one-on-one sessions with the client’s treatment manager ensure that needs are met and treatment plans adapted as required.
- Remaining in treatment for an adequate period of time is critical for treatment effectiveness. 30-day treatment was not created from a history of effectiveness but rather by the insurance industry’s design for what they were willing to pay. For most patients, the threshold of significant improvement is reached at about three months in treatment. Additional treatment can produce further progress. Programs should include strategies to prevent patients from leaving treatment prematurely. NIDA refers to programs offering a true 90-day program as the new “gold standard” in treating alcoholism and addiction. In addition, we offer Extended Care, Sober Living Homes, Aftercare, Alumni and Advocacy programs that extend support for as long as the person needs it.
- Individual and group counseling and other behavioral therapies are critical components of effective treatment for addiction. Treatment programs at Arbor Behavioral Health all include substantial one-on-one and group therapy sessions. Also, we use evidence-based clinical practices such as cognitive behavioral restructuring, pharmacological interventions, family therapy, art therapy, equine therapy, and traditional 12-step immersion.
- Addicted or drug-abusing individuals with coexisting mental disorders, also known as dual disorder, should have both disorders treated in an integrated way. Our treatment programs support and address the belief that underlying mental and emotional issues must be stabilized in order for the individual to achieve long term sobriety and lead a successful life.
- Recovery from drug addiction can be a long-term process. Addiction is a chronic illness and the path to recovery is often bumpy. Our Continuum of Care offers a wide range of inpatient, outpatient, family and alumni support. To us, every person entering the Arbor system of care is family. We form strong bonds and relationships that last a lifetime. The team at Arbor Behavioral Healthcare is committed to our mission.
Call now for a Confidential Assessment