Are you interested in joining the Arbor Behavioral Healthcare team?
Here’s a list of our current job openings:
Counselor for Men’s Program (The Arbor Georgetown)
Counselor or Counselor Intern with substance use disorder experience to work in a 90-day Intensive Residential Treatment facility. Must have some experience with substance dependent and dual diagnosis clientele, group facilitating, integrated and mindfulness based approaches to healing. Please send resume and salary requirements.
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Compensation: Based upon experience
Full-time position available
Primary Counselor Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Program Director
- Participates in program delivery, including presentations.
- Consults with multi-disciplinary treatment team on clinical issues.
- Conducts assessments, treatment planning, treatment plan reviews and discharge planning.
- Performs crisis intervention as needed.
- Facilitates process group, individual sessions and family sessions.
- Documents services for compliance with internal performance standards, and licensure standards.
- Attends training sessions, conferences, and other program information-related activities.
- Attends and participates in clinical meetings daily.
- Participates in in-service training sessions as required by the agency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Background in Intensive Residential Treatment.
- Ability to relate to and work with individuals in early-stage recovery from addiction.
- Solid knowledge, experience in chemical dependency treatment and dual diagnosis
- Strong working knowledge of the 12-step program and process.
- Effective verbal, written communication skills, and computer skills.
- Strong organization skills, record keeping skills; computer knowledge required.
- Leadership ability.
- Knowledge of community resources for dual diagnosis.
- Work well with a multi-disciplinary team.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma.
- At least two (2) years of experience in providing chemical dependency or mental health treatment.
- Certifications/Licenses: A license issued by an appropriate State Board (e.g.: LCDC, LPC, LMSW, etc.).
- Special Requirements: Knowledge in the disease of chemical dependency and 12-Step Recovery programs.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates verbally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses e-mail and texting for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and fax machines.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Don’t see a fit here? Feel free to submit your resume to us anyway. Be sure to tell us where you feel you’d be a good fit and why. We’ll be sure to pass your resume on to the correct manager for future opportunities.